Family Visa

Dedicated Team

Great Support

Government Certified

Visa Benefits

As a settled UK resident, you may at one point want to bring your family from the non-EAA countries to the UK. This can be the adult-dependent relatives like your spouse, parents and grandparents, or a dependent child.

You are eligible to apply for this Visa as a child dependent or adult dependent relative to a UK citizen, or a relative under the humanitarian protection or refugee leave in UK.

The UK government offers different channels through which you can complete this process. Nonetheless, it’s your relationship to the sponsor and his/her financial status during the application period that’ll determine your success.

Other circumstances that make you eligible to apply for this Visa include: If you’re a parent of a child who’s already settled in the UK, or if you’re a family member to a migrant who resides in the country. You can also apply for an ancestry visa! If you have proof tying your ancestry to the UK.

Over the years, however, the British government has tightened its immigration policies, cutting down the number of adult dependent relatives who get the Visa.

You, therefore, need an immigration expert to help you understand and meet all the requirements expected by the immigration office.

Eligibility Stipulations for an Adult Dependent Relative (ADR) Visa

The UK government is very strict with the Adult dependent Visa (ADR), and so, applicants must satisfy the following:

  • Must be above 18 years and be a close relative to the sponsor in the UK. The sponsoring relative must also be above 18, a British citizen or a settled UK resident. Members under humanitarian protection and refugee leave are also considered.
  • The sponsoring relative should be able to cater for all your needs including accommodation, food, shelter, healthcare, etc., for at least five years without claiming public funds.
  • Proof that the dependent relative needs long term care and cannot complete basic tasks by themselves due to disability, age or healthcare issues.
  • Prove that the care to be rendered isn’t available or is unaffordable in their countries they currently reside in.
  • You must not have any pending feloniousverdicts.

The majority of these requirements is your medical documents, and so, you need to pay extra attention to the documentation. Lastly, the application must be submitted outside the UK, and the Visa should be obtained before the day of travel.

More information about adult dependent relatives’ visa.

Eligibility Requirements for the UK Child Dependent Visa

For children with parents who have settled in the UK, child visa makes it possible to immigrate and live with them in the UK. However, the child must first satisfy the following conditions:

  • Should be under the age of 18yrs.
  • Should not be leading an independent life.
  • Must not be married or in any civil partnership.

The parent of the child also has to meet the following criteria:

  • Should be a present and settled in the UK.
  • Must provide evidence of sufficient funds to accommodate and maintain the child.

The parent of a dependent child can also apply for a visa to stay in the UK as long as they can prove that they are solely responsible for the child’s wellbeing. He/she should show that they have enough capital to maintain themselves and the child without relying on public funds.

In some cases, it’s also possible to get a dependent child visa using the Points-based system (PBS). In this case, the government requires that both parents to be present in the UK.

For adopted children, there are several other requirements required to complete the process.

Immediately your child is proven to be eligible for the child dependent visa, he/she is granted an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the country. He/she also has an option to become a British Citizen through naturalization after five succeeding years.

To get more information regarding this, don’t hesitate to contact us or fill our online form today!

More information about child dependent visas.

Eligibility for UK Ancestry Visa

Yes! You can apply for an ancestry visa. This applies to individuals from countries within the commonwealth whose grandparents were born in the United Kingdom, the channels Islands or the Isle of man.

With the ancestry visa, you get the freedom to live and work in the UK for five years, without the restrictions, offered by the UK work permit. It can also be extended to your family members as well!

As good as it sounds, there are a few requirements for this Visa that must be fulfilled:

  • You must be above the age of 17
  • Proof that you can sustain and support yourself adequately
  • You’re willing to stay and work in the UK
  • Must be a national of a commonwealth state
  • Must have a grandparent with ancestral ties to the UK.
  • Must not be on another visa plan during a time of application

You will also have to prove your relationship to the supposed grandparent. This means digging up those old birth certificates, marriage certificates and other documents that prove your relationship with your grandparents.

It’s important to note that this Visa applies only to ties with the grandparents, not the great grandparents or step-grandparents.

After your five-year period with the Visa is over, you can apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) on condition that:

  • You continue to satisfy the immigration requirements under the ancestry visa
  • You’ve stayed in the UK for five successive years with less than 180 days out, during that period.
  • You have an excellent employment record for the period you’ve been in the UK

You’re still eligible to apply for an extension of your ancestry visa if you’ve not met these requirements.

Applying and proving your documents for this Visa can be tough. We endorse that you engage one of our experts via a call or the online contact form to help you out.

Find out more about UK Ancestry Visa

Is there Visa for Parents of British Citizens?

The UK immigration office offers the parent Visas which allows you to bring in your parent to the UK and stay with them for more than six months. This Visa was established for parents who want to join their children who are British citizens.

Before applying for this visa, you have to understand that if one parent is living with the child in the UK, you have to apply for the spouse visa.

Some of the requirements you’ll need to satisfy include:

  • Your child must be under the age of 18 at the time of application, and must not live an independent life.
  • Your child must be a British citizen or have an ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain).
  • Proof that you have the sole parental responsibility for your child
  • Proof of adequate finances to support yourself and the child in the UK
  • Evidence that you play an active role in the upbringing of your child
  • Have good English knowledge

A visa will be granted if and only if you satisfy all these requirements for an initial period of 30 months which aren’t subject to public funds.

If you are in the UK at the time of application, both you and the child, a visa will be granted if and only if:

  • You are not in UK as a visitor.
  • You are not in UK under a temporary release

If the outside UK, Visa should be obtained before the time of travel.

Additionally, if your child has turned 18 after your first parental Visa, he/she shouldn’t be leading an independent life or have a separate family unit.

More information about parent visa.

Appeal for a Family Visa Rejection

Once your visa application has been rejected, there are minimal grounds for appeal. Although there are alternatives, the British government is striving to reduce the number of people entering the country and so, very little is likely to change.

However, all hope isn’t lost with visa rejection. In case you encounter that “Your Visa application is denied” letter, consult one of our experts to help you determine the way forward.

How can Earlsworth Immigration Law help?

At Earlsworth Immigration Law, we have an experienced team of experts with experience in the different visa application processes. We have handled numerous cases regarding family visas and helped out thousands of individuals reunite with their families in the UK.

Our dedicated experts are updated of every document that you’ll need for your application and will ensure that you satisfy every requirement for the Visa.

We will check your documents, alongside those of your sponsors to ensure that nothing kicks you out of the selection process.

We’ll also accompany your application forms with a solid letter of representation that highlights the merits of your case and the relevant law.

At Earlsworth Immigration Law, we also work with the Home office, ensuring that we keep up with your case until a final decision is made. This way, we ensure that your visa application process is smooth, fast and easy.

With our free immigration consultation, you can be confident of a positive outcome.  Whether you’re handling a case of adult dependent relative visa, child dependent visa, ancestry visa or even the parent visa, we’ve got you.

What’s more, we can contact you on your preferred channel! If you want us to visit you at home, work or even skype and Instagram, we’ll work with your busy schedule.

So, what are you waiting for?

Contact us today, and get the visa services you deserve!

Please see our FAQs below for more information

Can I apply for a family visa as a parent of a dependent child, if so, what are the eligibility requirements?

Yes. You can apply for a parent visa that will allow you to enter and stay in the UK for up to 30 months. The eligibility requirements include:

  • The child must be under 18
  • Proof that you have the right access to the child or you have the sole responsibility for the child.
  • Excellent financial support for you and the child without access to public funds
  • Good knowledge in English

After faithfully completing the 30 months, you can apply for an extension for the Visa or an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

Can I register for an ancestry visa if my grandparents were British citizens?

Yes.  Ancestry visas are granted based on the grandparents and parents only. If your grandparents’ inherent home is in the UK, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, you are free to apply.

Eligibility requirements for this Visa include:

  • You must be 17 years and older.
  • You must be a national of a commonwealth state
  • You must have proof of your ties with the grandparents
  • You must be able to support yourself in UK
  • You must be willing to work and live in the UK

How can Earlsworth Immigration Law help?

At Earlsworth Immigration Law, we have an experienced team that has helped thousands of families get their UK visas. We help you with your application forms ensuring you send high-quality documents that affirm you of good results.

We also accompany your letter with a solid recommendation letter highlighting the merits of your case and the relevant law. We endeavour to make your visa application process calm, understandable, and most of all, a success.

Contact our team today, and get your family visa application started today!

Need help?
Contact Us
Have any questions? Please feel free to ask below, and an advisor will answer ASAP.