Tier 2 and Tier 5 Sponsorship Licence Application
- The Sponsorship Licence is ideal for a employer who wishes to recruit a worker from inside or outside the UK or EEA.
- You can apply for a sponsorship licence as a single body or as a number of branches, Franchises or if you have taken over a company. The documents requirement for each kind of business will be different depending upon the nature of the job specification.
- The licence you need depends on whether the workers you want to fill your jobs are:
- Tier 2 – skilled workers with long-term job offers
- Tier 5 – skilled temporary workers
- You can apply for a licence covering either tier or both.
- Sponsorship licences are valid for 4 years
- The appointed staff have no unspent criminal convictions for immigration offences or other crimes, including dishonesty offences;
- The company or anyone involved in sponsorship does not have a history of failing to carry out sponsorship duties
- You’ll need appropriate systems in place to monitor sponsored employees.
- Must have settled status or valid visa in the UK
- Assist with compliance:
- How to check foreign workers have the necessary skills, qualifications or professional accreditations to do their jobs
- How to keep copies of documents showing this
- How to assign certificates of sponsorship to workers when the job is suitable for sponsorship
- When and how to inform the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) if your sponsored workers are not complying with the conditions of their visa
- The consequences of not following your duties as a sponsor:
- Your licence may be downgraded
- suspended or
- withdrawn if you do not meet them
- You must have HR systems in place that let you:
- monitor your employees’ immigration status
- keep copies of relevant documents for each employee, including passport and right to work information
- track and record employees’ attendance
- keep employee contact details up to date
- report to UKVI if there is a problem, for example if your employee stops coming to work